I started going to Montana around 1992 on the advice of Georgia outfitter Ronnie Hall. Ronnie had guided me several times on the Hiwassee River in Tennessee and kept telling me that I needed to try the fishing n Montana. He invited me to come along with a group that would be based in West Yellowstone, MT and would primarily fish the Madison River. The experience was fantastic and I was really "hooked" on the entire experience...the weather, scenery, quality of fishing...it was the real deal.
I remember driving back to Bozeman after our first trip thinking....I have to come back again. And I did...in fact, that first year I went out west three times, the next year twice and the year after that I went twice. I was blessed with a family and job that would permit such extravagance and I took advantage of it. In fact, my wife Sherry agreed to honeymoon twice in Montana and I even talked her into rowing my drift boat for a while on the Missouri River.
Although I did manage to get in some fishing on these honeymoon trips, we did a lot of sightseeing as well, including a full day of driving through Yellowstone Park.
So, with just a couple of weeks to go before we depart for Montana, I am beginning to relive some of the experiences of prior trips and getting jazzed about seeing the sights again soon.






No comments:
Post a Comment