Western Fly Fishing Trip coming up soon!!!

Western Fly Fishing Trip coming up soon!!!
A beautiful Rainbow taken on the Bighorn River near Ft. Smith, Mt. This is one of the rivers we'll be fishing and hope to fool a few fish like this!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sync'd up with Ted

This afternoon the phone rang and it was Ted.  Ted has been a friend for a number of years and we have done a fair amount of local and southeastern fly fishing together.  That's him above throwing a big line on the Chattooga during the Delayed Harvest and, to the right, with a guide on the Tuckaseegee River in western North Carolina. As I recall, he killed them this day...and I didn't.  Oh well.


Loyal followers will recall that my Georgia friend Ted figures importantly in our trip.  Several years ago, he convinced me to give the fishing in the Cody, WY area a try.  Not thinking clearly, I planned to be in Cody just as the annual spring run off was kicking off and much of the fishable water in Cody was blown out.  While the boys at the Northfork Angler (that would be Guy-2nd from left and Chip- far right in the picture above) did their best to put me on fish, the trip (at least that segment of it) was a bust.  But Ted, who has guided in the Cody area for several summers, kept telling me that the fish were there and that I owed it to myself to try again.  And that's just what we plan to do...we'll be in Cody on day 4 and 5 of our trip and the fishing should be great.

So, we conferred about our plans and he reviewed the variety of rivers that we'd have available.  He described some epic fishing conquests and really had my juices flowing.  Ted will arrive in Cody a day or so after Jon and I arrive in Ft. Smith and the plan is to join forces the following Friday and Saturday.  I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ted rules.